Belief!


Belief

Do you ever wonder why you think the way you do? Why you believe the things you do?  Do you ever stop in your tracks and say, "My goodness, why did I say that or think that."  I often read that we are the sum total of our beliefs. What! Where did our beliefs come from?  How do I change it? 

Yes, oh yes, it starts with our upbringing and with all the associations around us such as our immediate family, family members, school, church and gatherings. Okay great, I realize this now what?  

I've pondered many years about this and I've decided to ask myself a range of questions.  First  and foremost was--Are You Happy?  Well, my answers changed according to my emotions.

The true answer for me was that I've discovered that there is a difference between my beliefs and my values.  Generally speaking, beliefs are judgments about ourselves and the world around us. Values are traits that we hold such as loyalty, truthfulness, charity and service. Knowing the difference allowed me to categorize the beliefs I wanted to change so that my values would compliment my beliefs.

To stand guard at the door of my mind of all of my thoughts was a chore.  I often heard the saying--you become what you think about all day long! I love it.....I wanted to start ANEW!  Man becomes what he thinks about all day long--isn't that wonderful?  We have the volition to choose, even more so as an adult!  We are individuals with a conscience that speaks volumes about our beliefs.  Poor thinking habits keeps us in an unproductive, unhealthy state.  Positive affirmations will guide us to the window of our souls. The universe will assist, if you persist!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrance of Loving!

Balance!

One True Thing!